Hello Oklahoma Association for Play Therapy members!
I hope this summer has treated you well and you are ready for the upcoming school year! I just wanted to take some time to share some news and opportunities for you regarding OKAPT.
MARK YOUR CALENDAR
On our NEW OKAPT website, we have just announced our annual conference presenter for 2017. Dr. Robert Jason Grant will presenting on “Play Therapy for Autism, ADHD, and other Neurodevelopmental Disorders” on Saturday, January 28, 2017. Find out more about the presentation and Dr. Grant at www.oka4pt.com.
CALL FOR NOMINATIONS
Nominations are now open for those interested in participating on the OKAPT board for 2017-2019. When you nominate someone (or yourself) for the board, please remark if you want them to be considered for President-Elect or a board member. Nominations will be open from today until September 30, 2016. Voting will take place in October. The announcement of the newly elected board will be made by December. The first board meeting for those newly elected will be held at the annual conference on January 28, 2017. To nominate someone, please email the Interim President-Elect, Nancy Rumley Soliz at email@example.com. Please note OKAPT NOMINATION in the subject line. If you have any questions about nominations, feel free to email Nancy as well.
Duties for a board member include:
- *Attend or contribute to the four meetings held throughout the year.
- *Attend and help with the annual conference held in January.
- *Additionally, your opinions, talents, and skills will be valued and may be utilized for various duties to promote play therapy in Oklahoma. This may include: presentations about play therapy, promoting play therapy in your area/across the state, website or technological insight, or other ideas you may have. Please always be considering how you can use your skills to promote play therapy in Oklahoma.
Duties for President-Elect include:
- *All duties of a board member
- *Shadowing President for the 2 years as President-Elect, so you can take over the position of President 2019-2021.
- *Coordination of annual conference-finding a speaker and making appropriate preparations for their arrival.
- *Board nominations and election done in 2018
Thank you for your membership! We hope to see you all in January!
Nancy Rumley Soliz, MS, LMFT, RPT-S
Cynthia Wolf, LPC, RPT